The Permissions feature is meant to be used on public servers. it allows to restrict who can buy vehicles. use choppers, Recycle stuff, give orders to all AI ...
(Before we had this feature. a new random guy joining a public server could use buy artillery and use up all the resources. recycle away the whole FOB ... not funny...)
Who can set the Permissions Edit
The person in the commander slot and the server admin(s) can set the permissionsonce authorized the 'PERMISSIONS' item is added in the action listWith all players in the map
Default permission setup Edit
you will find a "default" entry at the top of the permissions table.
The server scans player permissions every 10 seconds, applies default template to everyone who doesn't have permissions yet.
Different permissions Edit
If a player has no permission he can still sit in the passenger seat of all vehicles.
- Light vehicles: allow player to drive light vehicles or enter as gunner (see vehicles under the light vehicles build menu)
- Armored vehicles: allow player to drive light vehicles or enter as gunner (see vehicles under the armored vehicles build menu)
- Air vehicles: allow player to pilot air vehicles or enter as gunner (see vehicles under the armored vehicles build menu)
- Construction: allow player to use the build menu. (and build everything in it)
- Recycling: allow player to recycle objects, vehicles, ...
- Other: Allow player to unflip, ammo box manipulation, capture prisoners... (TODO: complete the list)
If you don't want everyone to be able to get in the commander slot you can turn on the 'commander white listing feature'. Then only people matching the list can be commander.
How to configure it Edit
1) Enable whitelisting first by setting the "Whitelist" mission parameter. (see Server Admin page on how to do this)
2) unpack the mission file .pbo (with for example pbomanager)
3) edit the 'whitelist.sqf'
Use at least 1 of the provided mechanismes to whitelist people. (inline comments should be clear enough)
(you may use multiple white listing mechanisms. as soon a player matches with ONE of them, he is allowed to use commander slot.
(for example you can put in your clan tag for your whole clan and add some steam ids of friends you trust that are not in the clan)
4) repackage the misison into a .pbo (by using BinPbo for example)
5) install in MPMissions folder (like usual)..